One of the most important requirements of working at Young Horizons is having a heart for making a difference in each child’s life.
- Substitute ECE Teachers/Associate Teachers
- Substitute ECE Teacher Assistants
Childcare staff usually begin as substitutes with the opportunity to move into full-time positions as openings come available.More than 50% of our employees have been with us 5 years or longer, come find out why!
- 6 units of Early Childhood Education (ECE) or Child Development (CD), center-based experience preferred but not required
- 12 units of ECE/CD, include core courses. 50 days of 3+ hours per day within 2 years experience required.
- 24 units of ECE/CD, including core courses, PLUS 16 General Education Units. 175 days of 3+ hours per day within 4 years experience required.
(All requirements are based on the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing Child Development Permit Matrix which can be found at: http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/CREDS/child-dev-permits.html)Pay is based on Early Childhood Education (ECE) units earned and length of service.
Email resume to Roselle Schafer, HR Manager.